You could win a £100 voucher PLUS even more prizes with Love to Ride
Taking part in the global bike challenge, Cycle September, is easy! It takes one minute to register and join the Wellington Place Group, where you can start to log your cycle journeys to and from work and be entered into Love to Ride’s prize draws. It doesn’t matter if you ride every day or if you haven’t been on a bike in years, you only have to ride for ten minutes to start earning points and to score big!
You can also earn ‘encourager points’ if you encourage your friends, family and colleagues to register and log a ride. If they add you as their encourager, you’ll score 50 or 100 points – more points mean more chances to climb the leader boards and win prizes from Love to Ride!
As well as Love to Ride’s cycling challenges, we’re also hosting a competition of our own throughout Cycle September which you can enter by sharing photos of your cycle journey to/from Wellington Place on social media. Use the hashtag #WPCycleSeptember and tag Wellington Place in your posts:
- Twitter: @wp_leeds
- Instagram: @wellington_place_leeds
- Facebook: @WellingtonPlaceLeeds
- LinkedIn: Wellington Place Leeds
You’ll then be entered into a random prize draw for the chance to win a £100 Evans Cycles voucher! Entries are open from 1 September to 30 September and a winner will be picked at random and announced on 4 October.
Benefits of cycling
As more of us return to work it’s an ideal time to embrace the benefits a cycling commute can bring:
- Supercharge your physical health – even a 10-minute bike ride will start boosting your immune system and raise your heart rate. Make it part of your routine for maximum benefits like living longer!
- Improve your mental health – riding a bike can make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings and less prone to depression than other forms of transportation
- Reduce stress and anxiety – any form of physical activity is good for reducing stress. Biking can help take your mind off problems and give you a chance to think about things calmly.
- Make an impact on your environment – reduce your carbon footprint by keeping the car at home.
If you would like more confidence cycling on the road, or haven’t cycled in years and are keen to try again, CityConnect offer FREE adult training courses with a qualified instructor. You can find you can sign up here.
No bike? No problem – As a Wellington Place employee you can hire an App-Bike for free.
You can also keep up to date with all things cycling by joining our Wellington Place Cyclist Facebook group.
Any questions? You can contact Charlotte who leads our travel team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0113 246 0204.