Free Bike Hire
App-Bikes available to rent for free for all Wellington Place occupiers
There are seven bikes, including an electric bike, which can be hired by Wellington Place occupiers for free using the App-Bike app. These are located in the bike storage units behind 1 Wellington Place. Bikes can be reserved up to three hours prior to use or you can hire them immediately.
How to rent a free App-Bike:
- Download the App-Bike app.
- Register using your work email address (to verify that you work at Wellington Place).
- Select ‘Wellington Place’ member as the payment option within the app. You will not be charged for renting the bikes but card details are required to cover repair costs in cases of misuse. App-Bike T&C’s can be found here.
- Once your account is set up, click the Wellington Place location pin to view available bikes.
- Scan the QR code on the bike you want to use, tap the lock image to unlock the bike and then you’re ready to go.
Do a pre-ride check – check for any signs of damage or punctures, test brakes, and if riding at night check that lights work.
Each bike has a pannier which includes a waterproof seat cover and a high vis jacket. Helmets are not included, and although not essential, we would highly recommend that you wear one. You can purchase a helmet for £25 (cash payments only) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any issues while using the bikes, please contact App-Bike customer support directly on 01892320270.
Any questions? You can contact the travel team at email@example.com or by calling 0113 246 0204.