Setting a benchmark for Leeds future development
We have signed up to the Better Buildings Partnership’s commitment to deliver a net-zero property portfolio, setting new sustainability benchmarks for Leeds future developments.
In response to rapidly changing attitudes towards climate change (accelerated by the COVID-19 Pandemic) and our own agenda for responsible investment, we strive to ensure that our buildings achieve best in class performance in terms of sustainability and wellbeing.
We aim to deliver the most energy-efficient office building in the city and are also working with our contractor to identify opportunities to reduce the carbon footprint generated by the construction process and materials used.
Here are some of the headlines:
- BREEAM Outstanding Target
- EPC A
- Target Base Building Energy Intensity (use) below 80 kWh/m2 (A typical building is well over 100)
- Design for Performance
- BREEAM In-use assessment
- All electric building so we can use renewable energy from the grid and avoid the burning of fossil fuels within the building
- Target Net Zero Carbon (operational)
- Target Low Carbon (embodied)
- Fitwel – 2 star rating for base build, 3 star with tenants fit-out
Our buildings and eco-friendly office design will present an opportunity for the occupier to make a statement in terms of their corporate commitment to tackling climate change. We are also confident our buildings, public realm and sense of community will allow our customers to maximise wellbeing among their staff.