Throughout November and December Wellington Place will be collecting donations for Leeds Children’s Charity as part of its Christmas gift appeal.
Leeds Children’s Charity at Lineham Farm provides unforgettable breaks and learning experiences for Leeds’ most disadvantaged children. The charity offers respite from difficult home lives with breaks filled with adventure and fun in a safe and happy environment.
As part of its Christmas Gift Appeal, Leeds Children’s Charity is asking for donations of toys to gift to the families it supports. The charity works predominantly with children aged 7 – 11 years, though it is looking for donations for babies through to teenagers, so the whole family has something to open.
To get involved, simply drop off one (or more!) of the items listed below to Wellington Central between 12 – 2pm, Monday – Friday from November 13th – December 7th. Please note that the charity are unable to accept used items, all items must be new and in their original packaging.
- Dolls/barbie or similar
- Action figures (no guns or knives)
- Accessories for dolls/action figures (ie. clothes, furniture, vehicles)
- Small animal toys (farm, zoo, dinosaurs)
- Board games (for family engagement)
- musical instruments
- car sets
- play mats (eg has roads on it, to play with)
- creative making kits
- Building blocks and construction toys
- Cartoon figures and toys
- Arts and crafts items
- Pencils / Crayons / drawing and colouring books, pencil cases
- Art sets
- Pajamas, slippers & snuggly clothing
- Toiletries and cosmetic treats for the older ones
- Hats, gloves, and scarves, rucksacks
Please note that we cannot accept toy guns or knives.
It is preferred that gifts remain unwrapped so they can be allocated to children’s needs and likes, although if you wish to wrap your gifts please ensure they are labelled with the appropriate age and type of toy.
- FB: @LeedsChildrensCharity
- IG: @lccatlineham